True healing and Woo-Woo medicine are one in the same.
“Woo” or “Woo-Woo” medicine is a slang or derogatory term used by people whom are skeptical of stepping outside of the box to experience the therapeutic, effective and true healing of traditional medicine (or alternative, holistic, or ancient medicine). It’s no surprise that we’ve been conditioned to believe that traditional medicine, is “Woo-Woo”, bad, dangerous, a waste of money, ect.. Conventional, or Allopathic medicine, is a big money making industry connected to an even bigger money making industry, the pharmaceutical industry.
Most of these “Woo-Woo” methods are practiced by trained practitioners and professionals who work to educate and restore health by looking at the root of the problem and not blanketing the symptoms. Most of these methods are very effective in treating everything from acne and anxiety to epilepsy and cancer. Acupuncture, Chiropractic and Naturopathy may even fall under the term “Woo-Woo” medicine or Quackery, yet these professionals spend years in formal education and in some cases the equivalent to conventional medical school.
“Anyone who has ever been touched by the therapeutic benefits of a traditional healing therapy knows they are not nonsense or quackery”. Says, Lisa from integratedconnects.com,“So let’s be done with the term “woo-woo” and call these effective therapies what they are – integrative healing therapies.”
In this article I will dig a bit deeper into a couple different forms of “Woo-Woo” medicine, focusing on energy healing. This type of healing is one of the most misunderstood, yet basic forms of true healing used to restore balance within our bodies and promote its natural healing abilities.
Energy is constantly streaming within and outside of our bodies; we are constantly giving and receiving information through energy. Yes, there are scientific facts to back this up. Ask, Popular Science :)
At birth we begin collecting information that will program how we store and use energy. There is a correct way energy should flow through our bodies, which can be disrupted by negative experiences, outside influences, and patterns. There is also an incorrect way. Disturbance or disruption of the correct energy flow affects our bodies internal systems, making it tough to fight off ailments and injury. This is often why we get “sick”.
Examples of energy disruptors:
- Toxic foods
- Environmental Toxins
- Viral infection
- Emotional trauma
- Negative thought patterns
- Misguided Energies
Keeping our energy flowing properly will allow for balance and healing of our whole body, mind and soul….This is Holistic Healing. This is True Healing. Here are are a couple more common Energy Healing Methods:
Reiki is one of the oldest energy healing methods and stems from Japan. Today Reiki is often used in conventional medical hospitals around the world to help enhance healing and health care. Reiki works with the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels of the body to reduce stress and promote relaxation. In turn, the immune system is triggered toilize its natural healing abilities. This method can be used with humans and pets of any age.
6 Important Functions of Reiki:
- Balance the mind and emotions; allowing a person to better deal with everyday stresses.
- Enhance learning and clarity; improving mood swings, eliminating fear, frustration, and anger by opening up the mind and allowing for emotional growth.
- Relief of emotional distress and sorrow; cleans and clears the emotions to allow a person to process and heal better.
- Physically; helps to relieve pain from migraines, arthritis, sciatica and much more.
- Helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopause and insomnia.
- Speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness.
Crystal Healing utilizes crystals and stones as a conduit to healing; allowing positive energy to flow into the body and trigger healing against ailments and disease. Shamans, Healers and Priests have used crystal and vibration healing since the beginning of time to move, absorb, focus, direct and diffuse energy within the body. Crystals are typically used to restore balance in the spinning energy centers of the body called Chakras; in turn getting rid of the negative energy/flow and allowing them to function at their peak.
Crystal function and relation to the 7 Chakras can be determined by the color of the stone.
- Red= stimulates, activates and energizes
- Pink= gently and subtly encourages resolution
- Orange= allows for creative and artistic flow by combine energizing and focusing qualities
- Yellow= relates to nerve, digestive and immune system functions of the body
- Green= heart health
- Light blue= throat and communication
- Indigo= “third eye”; perception, understanding and intuition
- Violet= taps into the inspiration, imagination, empathy and sense of service to others
- White= potential to reflect all energies around them; concept of clarity, cleansing and purification
- Black= absorbs light; showing you the hidden potentials
Other examples of popular Energy Healing methods include:
Many of these methods have been proven to work for centuries; allowing our body and mind to work together as they were intended. With the help of “Woo-Woo” medicine, we find true healing. We definitely recommend getting help from a professional trained in whatever healing method you choose.
Don’t be scared, step out into the world of “Woo-Woo” and allow yourself to truly heal from the inside out, without the use of harmful chemicals.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information in this article or any information found on HealingWaze.com (HW) is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This article or any information found on HW is not intended to replace medical treatment or advice from a qualified medical professional. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please seek immediate help.